Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises craft personnel engaged in the construction, operation and maintenance of company overhead electric and/or underground electric and/or gas facilities. Supervises resources in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical, and expeditious completion of work with high regard for customer satisfaction to accomplish desired results. Promotes safety principles and assist in the training and development of the craft workforce. Ensure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Maintains an environment that promotes safety, environmental compliance, diversity, innovation and high productivity. Ensure compliance with the application of the collective bargaining agreement.
Plan, coordinate, and direct craft employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals.
Provide leadership to and development of the craft workforce. Coach and evaluate employee performance with timely recognition. Conduct performance reviews and identify opportunities for growth and learning for craft personnel. Executes labor strategies involving employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement.
Coordinate emergency response to restore continuity of service to customers, requiring 24-hour on-call responsibilities and varied work schedules, as required by business needs.
Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. Develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information after considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Ensure an environment that respects and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
• 5 - 8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience
• 4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO, BSC, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment
• Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating and construction work practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behavior; requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.
• Bachelor's degree
• Current Operator Qualification for all covered tasks involved in the construction, installation and connection of gas mains and services for those who work on gas facilities.
• Extensive knowledge of the collective bargaining agreement and related procedures, policies and processes
• Ability to train personnel in work practices and use of line construction tools and equipment.
• Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective actions.
• Extensive experience in the construction, maintenance and operation of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers