Supervisor Distribution. The Supervisor for Outbound (Shipping) is responsible for the supervision and leadership over our outbound (Shipping) area. This role provides support for the daily operations of the order fulfillment department, ensuring all operations are consistent with our commitment to customer service while fostering an environment that is both employee-centric and customer-centric, with a focus on daily order processing in order to maximize sales and productivity, while also providing outstanding customer service.
Management: Provide leadership of outbound (shipping) areas to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the warehouse as it relates to all picking and shipping activities. Develop and implement area work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient continuous operations. Provide guidance in administering performance evaluations for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations. Assist in developing and maintaining the shipping budget as required.
Operations: Ensure that all shipping operations comply with warehouse policies by leading a team that focuses on proper product selection, packing, and order shipment process; maintaining good security habits at dock doors; loading trucks and leading the way in ensuring that all orders are shipped according to customer request dates, incompliance with proper shipment procedures, and in a timely manner to help improve the order fulfillment process. This involves working closely with the logistics and transportation group to ensure information between the two groups is shared as it relates to orders and the processing and physical shipment of freight.
Equipment: Allocate equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner. Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that a sound maintenance program is implemented. Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment assigned to the area of responsibility. .
Safety, Sanitation, Security: Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is 5s. Lead operations in a manner that promotes safety and is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
Documentation / Reporting: Ensure the accuracy of all order fulfillment documents. Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping activities. Assist in resolving any discrepancies and managing the group to ensure accuracy is maintained.
Collect all documentation for outbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit as necessary. Review and monitor the achievement of operational goals and standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Requires skills in leadership, organization, communication, and cross functional teamwork.
• Also required is an understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
• Familiarity with MHE is preferred. Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
• Must be able to handle any stress/and or ambiguity caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements. Must be able to shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in business or related field from a four-year college or university; or 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience; previous professional supervisory experience required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.