EDMOND OU FACILITY EMERGENCY SERVICES SUPERVISOR NIGHT SHIFT w/Rotating Weekends General Description:
Under limited administrative direction, supervises nursing staff and provides expert nursing care to patients in one of OUMC's specialty areas. Essential Function/Duties:
For the assigned specialty area, supervises nursing staff on a shift and ensures safe and effective nursing care is provided to assigned patients.
- Ensures the oncoming shift has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient care needs.
- Ensures staff has passed all competencies required for assigned specialty area. Arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements.
- Assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules. Assists in determining work assignments based on nursing resources and identified patient care needs. Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
- Coordinates patient care with various members of the healthcare team. Provides training and support to staff as needed.
- Evaluates, documents and counsels staff on a designated shift regarding job requirements and work performance.
- Assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Conducts meetings with staff on a designated shift to discuss patient care and unit concerns.
- Ensures educational offerings and experiences are available to staff. Develops quality assurance indicators.
- Ensures orientation of new employees to a unit. Monitors productivity targets established by the department
*Experience: 1.5 years experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting in the appropriate specialty area. Experience to include at least 6 months charge experience.
*Licensure: Possession of a valid Oklahoma license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervision. Ability to schedule staff as needed for a 24/7 patient care unit. Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others. Good computer skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom