At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage and monitor the work activities of all internal and contracted personnel that provide support services throughout the department to ensure a productive workforce that supports all divisional, departmental, site and corporate goals while in accordance with all company policies and local, state and federal regulations. The Supervisor Facilities will also function regularly as a backup FLS in other maintenance areas to support high workload times, vacations and outages.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Effectively supervise craft personnel to ensure that all assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and effectively by qualified workers in accordance with plant procedures, , NRC regulations, and the site schedule. Ensures department personnel are properly supervised, trained, and qualified to perform assignments, including emergency plan qualifications.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all activities required to maintain the plant structures and facilities in a safe and proper condition through effective use of both internal and external personnel.
- Administer coaching, mentoring and performance management, including initiation of disciplinary action, for assigned Exelon employees. Provide feedback as appropriate to vendor managers regarding observed performance of contract crews.
- Participate in various aspects of work control, coordination, scheduling, and engineering meetings involving online, load reductions, forced outages and refuel outages activities, to ensure that assigned work is properly assigned, planned and ready to work.
- Function regularly as a backup FLS in other maintenance areas to support high workload times, vacations and outages as required.
- Effectively communicating significant plant and personnel issues to Maintenance Support Manager and all applicable levels of station management. Fostering open communications and collaboration between all organization internal and external to the plant including INPO and regulatory agencies.
- Understands, supports and administers all Maintenance processes, such as the training program, surveillance program, procedure revisions and CAP to ensure effective work practices. Identify and support improvement opportunities, when applicable.
- Individual must possess a two-year technical degree with 8 years utility or related-industry experience of which 4 years are in the craft he/she supervises.
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS).
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
-3 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and planning skills
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Part of Maintenance Management Team
- Management of maintenance support FTEs
- Oversight of all maintenance contract personnel for entire Maintenance Department
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster