With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, supervises all the functions of one or more production lines to ensure timely and efficient manufacturing of high quality health care products. Main responsibilities include efficient use of material, equipment and human resources, also responsible for short and midterm planning. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervises all SNE and Hourly personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures, on the job performance, and implements disciplinary actions including terminations when needed.
- Coordinates daily production schedules to ensure optimum product flow and maximize equipment, materials and manpower utilization.
- Monitors manufacturing processes for compliance with quality and GMP requirements.
- Reviews daily production reports and makes changes needed to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Provides and/or coordinates on the job training for hourly and SNE personnel including safety and emergency response.
- Examines daily/weekly/monthly expenses (salary, supplies, benefits) and produces monthly cost forecasts.
- Works with support groups (Quality Control, Engineering, Purchasing, Cost Accounting) in Process, Quality, and Cost improvement projects.
- Supervises running of ETRs, TRAs, and any other special production requested of the area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition.
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA, and OSHA regulations. World Class Manufacturing principles. Computer programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication. Leadership and training ability. Time and Project Management skills. Basic mechanical and electrical skills
#LI-JH1 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Educational attainment equivalent to BS degree. Two years or more experience in a manufacturing environment supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communication Skills, Good Manufacturing Practices, and General Computer Knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.