Supervisor II Press/Binder
Location: Pikesville, Maryland
Posted: January 06, 2017
Reference ID: 584628915
Supervises and manages personnel in job production, including preventative maintenance program, training, monitoring the quality of the jobs produced and the productivity of the shift. Performs other duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provide daily updates to management on job status of all work in progress.
• Coordinates the flow of work in the department.
• Assures all work areas are properly staffed and used in an efficient manner.
• Documents all activities that occur on the shift such as job progression, operational problems or personnel issues.
• Assists in resolving mechanical problems.
• Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations.
• Acts as a proactive initiator of change for improved production methods.
• Leads, gives direction to and monitors work assignments of shift personnel.
• Maintains accurate overtime and attendance records.
• Personal and regular interaction with operators on production requirements.
• Perform book checks as needed with operators.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• 7+ years experienced in area(s) supervised.
• Superior knowledge of all printing processes and operations.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud (hearing protection is provided and required).
• Often required to sit; climb or balance; and walk, stoop, kneel and crouch throughout the shift.
• Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 25 lbs.