With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Maintenance Engineering Manager, supervises manufacturing maintenance area to ensure timely and efficient maintenance of production and/or facility equipment. Responsibilities include establishing and monitoring performance of preventative maintenance programs and personnel for improvement of production line performance along with scheduling and planning of line maintenance and cost reduction activities. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Direct supervision of up to 25 hourly/SNE employees.
- Supervises all personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures and on the job performance.
- Oversees the preventative maintenance program for manufacturing equipment. Reviews the program and implements changes for improving manufacturing line efficiencies and maintenance department performance.
- Schedules and coordinates shutdowns to include preventative maintenance, major projects, and facility modifications.
- Manage spare part usage for manufacturing equipment and makes changes to improve cost and efficiency.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Monitors maintenance processes for compliance with the Company, FDA, OSHA, and GMP regulations.
- Monitors and controls monthly expenses and provides monthly cost forecasts.
- Works with other groups (Production, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing, and Cost Accounting) in process, quality, and cost improvement projects as well as in the resolution of major issues.
- Submit maintenance projects for approval and ensures the availability of resources for timely completion.
- Provides performance appraisal, employee coaching and counseling. Resolves conflicts and implements disciplinary action, when needed. Approves employee change status such as promotion, demotion, termination, etc.
- Develops on-the-job technical and equipment safety training for maintenance personnel.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for equipment purchases. Reviews technical data on equipment to be used for modification or replacement.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition.
- Ensures adequate staffing (headcount) and coordinates tasks for hiring of additional personnel.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- World Class Manufacturing principles.
- Computer applications programs
- Maintenance Planning
- Technical Expertise
- Good knowledge of engineering principles.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Leadership and training ability.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Educational attainment equivalent to a BS degree.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in maintenance or technical field, supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communication Skills, Good Manufacturing Practices, cost accounting, product quality, and excellent computer knowledge.
- Limited business travel required.
- BS degree in Engineering with at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing facility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.