Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented Inspectors & Installation Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
We are currently looking to hire an Installation Supervisor.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
Job Qualifications: Key Requirements:
- Working Supervisor with functional responsibility for small team of para-professionals
- Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations
- Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in-depth knowledge of team objectives
- Ensures the quality and service of self and others
- Manages workflow to accommodate volume and special project demands Meet customer expectations while performing quality installations
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Learn to complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy
- Learn to troubleshoot, repair and program all types of Communication and Security Systems
- Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
- Perform other duties as directed
Rewards and benefits
- Minimum Experience: 5 years functional; 0-2+ years managerial
- Knowledge of low voltage wiring, basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
- Preferred Education: University (Degree); High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Must have strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Able to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- NICET certification is a plus
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.