The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership and directs strategy for the maintenance effort in support with plants strategic and production plans. He/she improves asset utilization, uptime and production throughput by implementing proven reliability improvement processes. He/she also ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant customers by implementing sound work management processes. He/she is also responsible for department budgeting, professional and technical development of his/her assigned salaried and hourly associates. And, he/she is responsible to seek methods to reduce utilities consumption and protect the environment.Responsibilities
- Ensures work is performed efficiently through organized planning, optimized material support and coordinated work execution.
- Ensures the production areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this service.
- Utilizes data to analyze equipment failure modes, mean time between failure (MTBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.:PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques, maintenance employee training, etc.).
- Provides meaningful management reports to enhance control of maintenance operations.
- Provides quality maintenance service in support of operational needs.
- Maintains the work backlog within prescribed limits by providing for forested resource requirements.
- Creates and adheres to a work order scheduling process.
- Continually reduce equipment downtimeand increase availability through the establishment of a preventive/predictive maintenance program (including failure analysis) designed, directed, monitored and continually improved.
- Establishes a sound storeroom operations that provides repair parts for critical process equipment as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Keeps the operations managers properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations.
Continuous Improvement Process:
- Participates in and supports the Continuous Improvement process.
- Facilitates the implementation and continuing efforts of the Continuous Improvement Teams (i.e. Equipment Improvement Team, Preventive Maintenance Optimization team, Equipment Maintenance Plan team, etc.).
- Champions the Maintenance Excellence program initiatives and strategy.
- Employee/Work Management Programs:
- Provides supervision and direction to assigned maintenance personnel.
- Manages the day-to-day maintenance function within his/her area of responsibility.
- Assesses the skills and abilities of assigned personnel and develops training opportunities to close the skills gap.
- Seeks and schedules training courses and/or seminars to close worker skills gaps.
- Participates in, and supports, the Department safety training program. (I.E.: weekly safety meetings, shop safety inspections, enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program, enforcement of the confined space program, etc.).
- Conducts accident investigation of all injuries requiring medical attention (or as requested by Plant management).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of manufacturing equipment related experience required.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing environment and high-speed production equipment.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top