The Maintenance Supervisor
improves work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through implementation of the work schedule provided by the Planning & Scheduling office.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for implementing the work schedule and ensuring the quantity and quality of the maintenance work is acceptable. He/she is the primary point-of-contact for all production related equipment performance issues in their assigned area of responsibility. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Acts as the principle contact between Production supervision and the Maintenance Department. Notes Production improvement suggestions and coordinates analysis of suggestion validity, planning and implementation via the Planning and Scheduling.
- Ensures the production areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this service
- Coordinates Plant maintenance requirements with the Planner/Scheduler to effect necessary upgrades, modifications and repairs.
- Keeps the Maintenance Manager properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside of the supervisor's knowledge or authority.
- Utilizes data to analyze equipment failure modes, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.: PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques, maintenance employee training, etc.).
- Recommends additions to storeroom stock.
- Provides supervision and direction to assigned maintenance personnel. Manages the day-to-day maintenance function within his/her area of responsibility.
- Manages the hourly attendance and payroll system for assigned associates.
- Assesses the skills and abilities of assigned personnel and develops training opportunities to close the skills gap.
- Coordinates work process improvement actions to streamline the accomplishment of the work schedule.
- Implements the weekly work order schedule by issuing work orders and preventative maintenance inspections to assigned crew leaders/technicians.
- Supervises the quality of workmanship of assigned work crew by auditing work during and after work completion.
- Ensures all issued work orders are collected prior to the end of the work week and reviewed.
- Knowledgeable of and able to utilize the computerized maintenance management system to accomplish department goals.
- Thoroughly understands and supports the work management process. Enforces department adherence to proper work request/order procedures.
- Participates in and champions the TPM Professional Maintenance process.
- 4-years production plant experience with mechanical/electrical background necessary and 4-year degree or tech school background desired. Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or equivalent is highly desired.
- Adequate craft knowledge to estimate labor hours and materials and to visualize the job to be performed.
- Good oral/written communication skills and possession of tact.
- Good administrative and mathematical skills with willingness to handle paperwork.
- Have or able to acquire a working knowledge of personal computers in a reasonable training period (typing skills helpful).
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand what constitutes good instructions.
- Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Sketching ability.
- Understanding of the proper use of work orders, priorities; scheduling, etc.
- Ability to keep multiple jobs in control simultaneously.
- Ability to bring about order from chaos.
- Orientation and commitment to customer service.
- Style and capability commanding respect within both maintenance and operating organizations.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.