At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directly responsible for the supervision, assignment and coordination of Maintenance Division activities to ensure a productive workforce that supports all divisional, departmental, site and corporate goals while in accordance with all company policies and local, state and federal regulations. Interfaces with the department schedulers and planners to plan and execute work. Provides recommendations on training, procedure changes, and other needs to support safe and efficient execution of work activities. Participates as an Emergency Plan team member.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Effectively supervise craft personnel to ensure that all assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and effectively by qualified workers in accordance with plant procedures, NRC regulations, and the site schedule. Ensures department personnel are properly supervised, trained, and qualified to perform assignments, including emergency plan qualifications.
- Administer coaching, mentoring and performance management, including initiation of disciplinary action, for assigned employees.
- Effectively communicating significant plant and personnel issues to Maintenance Manager and all applicable levels of station management. Fostering open communications and collaboration between all organization internal and external to the plant including INPO and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure effective communication of company programs, announcements, policies, etc. to assigned employees and feedback to the company from assigned employees.
- Participate in various aspects of work control, coordination, scheduling, and engineering meetings involving online, load reductions, forced outages and refuel outages activities, to ensure that assigned work is properly assigned, planned and ready to work.
- Understands, supports and administers all Maintenance processes, such as the training program, surveillance program, procedure revisions and CAP to ensure effective work practices. Identify and support improvement opportunities, when applicable.
- Supervise vendor inspections and repair of plant equipment. Assure effective procurement and use of material, parts, tools, equipment and M&TE.
- Participates in all aspects of Maintenance Department management to support safe and efficient operation of the plant, including the development, implementation and performance monitoring of all corporate, site and divisional business goals and objectives.
- Individual must possess a two-year technical degree with 8 years utility or related-industry experience of which 4 years are in the craft he/she supervises
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS)
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
-3 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant operations
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and planning skills
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Ability to reach schematics, wiring diagrams, and P&IDs
- Fluent use of electronic work management system, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Budget $1-1. 5 million.
- Supervision of 6-12 FTEs
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster