DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Supervisor - Manufacturing located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Supervisor – Manufacturing will:
• Responsible for day-to-day operations within assigned manufacturing area, including maintaining production schedules to support business demands, identifying and driving process improvement initiatives, and supporting talent development programs, while maintaining a high level of safety, quality, efficiencies and regulatory compliance. Works with team members to establish department goals and objectives and identify appropriate measurements and track progress in each area.
• Lead and facilitate process improvement teams and manage the technical issues which may impact production. Collaborate on the identifications and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities. Responsible to collaborate with Supply Chain Partners (i.e. Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc) in order to deliver safe, reliable, high Quality products for our patients, at a reasonable cost.
• Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards. Develops corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits. Maintains and improves quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
• Conducts sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system. Maintains the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline is required.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required. Two (2) years of lead or direct Supervision experience required.
• Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
• ISO9001 or ISO13485 is preferred.
• Experience with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required. Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred.
• General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc)
• Must have PC knowledge with experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to drive talent development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Demonstrated strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all departments and levels of management
• Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8) is preferred
• Ability to work 1st Shift position (6:30 am – 3:00 pm – Monday – Friday) is required
• Ability to work locally in West Chester, PA is required
• Potential domestic travel up to 10% maybe be requiredPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function