With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Together with the QC Process Control, Technical Services and Quality Engineering teams, the incumbent of this position will be accountable for the performance of their assigned operational area against shared business objectives such as safety, quality, compliance, and production costs/output. The incumbent will collaborate with peers to manage performance of equipment, systems, and processes; and will work to improve the output, efficiency or quality of the associated manufactured products. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervise, coach, and develop all SNE and Hourly personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures, on the job performance, and implements timely disciplinary actions including terminations when needed.
- Drive or facilitate lean principles for problem solving and accident investigation including but not limited to: Kaizens, KATAs, and PDCAs.
- Provide and/or coordinate required on the job training for SNE and Hourly personnel including procedure updates, compliance, anti-harassment, safety/emergency response, and GMP refresher.
- Support the running of production test runs (PTRAs) Qualifications, Change Control Requests and any other special production runs requested of the area of responsibility.
- Utilize Document Management System to initiate (Author) and/or review SOPs required for operations.
- Ensure that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition.
- Interview and hire SNE and hourly personnel to support the area's responsibilities
- Responsible to participate, support and monitor effectiveness of Material Review Board actions to include product impact assessment, product correction, investigation, root cause analysis, identification and implementation of corrective and preventive actions as applicable. Monitor effectiveness of actions taken.
- Monitor business performance through the use of leading Key Performance Indicators and supporting data trending. Take action to investigate and correct as trends shift.
- Evaluate complaint samples received from customers to support effective investigation. Level of support required is based upon product, technical and functional expertise.
- Coach and mentor direct reports and peers to instill a quality mindset by strictly following procedures, reporting issues and escalating as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate and encourage a culture of quality by stopping processes when an issue is observed or reported with potential to impact safety, quality and/or compliance.
- Monitor/trend financial data by respective functional area. Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing or business processes. Implement actions that reduce waste, scrap and time, etc., resulting in lower cost of goods sold.
- Create standard work and implement process improvement to reduce the incidence of product impacting discrepancies and/or minimize delays associated with discrepancy containment, investigation and immediate corrections.
- Drive and participate in red dot walks and/or risk assessments to identify and eliminate unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors.
- Actively model, coach and engage employees to ensure safe conditions (ergonomics) and actions (behaviors) in all applicable functional work areas. Proactively correct identified hazards to prevent incidents and injury.
- Ensure individual training is completed on time for self and direct reports. Review and revise curricula as job requirements change. Identify ongoing job specific and/or technical training needs to sustain competencies.
- Utilize Level 0 and1 boards (Visual Management) to actively work to address exceptions to standards with regards to Efficiency and Rejects.
- Review and/or identify the need for new or different KPIs to help aid in continuous improvement of the respective operation.
- Drive/participate in customer complaint investigation.
- Coach, Mentor and conduct Root Cause Investigation activities (Fishbone, 5 Whys, Gemba Walks, Contradiction Matrix, etc.)
- Actively work to course correct trending variances through process improvements to include working with support groups in Process, Quality, and Cost improvement projects.
- Support daily production confirmations and subsequent reporting for variances to standards.
- Support/lead month end inventory reconciliation.
- Responsible to investigate and report through EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) any incidents occurring within 24 hours of the event.
- Review and revise training curricula as necessary.
- Facilitate and support daily meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Computer skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction.
- Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions.
- Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Must have uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Must have relentless focus on rapid and disciplined action.
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 4 years or more experience as a leader in a manufacturing environment supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communication Skills, Good Manufacturing Practices and general computer knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.