With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, supervises all processes and personnel in commercial production environment while maintaining cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations that apply. Ensures timely and efficient manufacturing of high quality health care products, including the efficient use of materials and equipment, coaching and developing manufacturing personnel, leading continuous improvement activities and facilitating a culture of accountability and engagement. Also, acts as a delegate to the Manager and may conduct departmental activities in their absence as required. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervise, coach, and develop all SNE and Hourly personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures.
- Understands the flow and design/interdependency of manufacturing support departments.
- Understands manufacturing equipment operation, including set up and changeover, as well as commissioning, validation, and troubleshooting.
- Drive or facilitate lean principles for problem solving and accident investigation including but not limited to: Kaizens, KATAs, and PDCAs.
- Facilitate and support daily meetings.
- Provide and/or coordinate required on the job training for SNE and Hourly personnel including procedure updates, compliance, anti-harassment, safety/emergency response, and GMP refresher.
- Monitor training qualifications for all employees to ensure all employees have completed required training to perform job functions.
- Assist in coordinating daily production schedules to ensure optimum production through efficient and effective use of equipment, materials and manpower utilization to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Monitors manufacturing processes for compliance with quality and GMP requirements.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Responsible to review and approve quality investigations to ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Review production reports and make changes needed to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Provide and/or coordinate required on the job training for SNE and Hourly personnel including procedure updates, compliance, anti-harassment, safety/emergency response, and .GMP refresher.
- Examine daily/weekly/monthly expenses (salary and supplies) and produce monthly cost forecasts.
- Utilize data (OEE) to drive project improvements to include working with support groups (Quality Control, Engineering, Purchasing, Cost Accounting) in Process, Quality and Cost improvement projects.
- Schedule and/or support the running of PTRAs, Qualifications, CCR/CSCRs, and any other special production runs requested of the area of responsibility.
- Utilize B.Docs (Author) to initiate and/or review SOPs required for operations.
- Utilize SAP (DSMS) to initiate and/or review any discrepancies within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition.
- Interview and hire SNE and hourly personnel to support the area's responsibilities.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Computer skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction.
- Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions.
- Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Must have uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Must have relentless focus on rapid and disciplined action.
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 4 years or more experience as a leader in a manufacturing environment supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communication Skills, Good Manufacturing Practices and general computer knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.