Leads and manages production of carbonated products in a fast paced, high volume, technically complex facility. Responsible for delivering results for multiple lines and shifts. Maintains a safe and efficient production process which meets all quality standards and customer requirements. Upholds GMP standards and regulations consistent with a food manufacturing facility. Develops and implements process improvement initiatives that result in sustained efficiency improvements and cost reductions. Serves on the plant leadership team and is responsible for building and supporting a culture of continuous improvement. Responsible for the effective leadership, training, and development of a team of hourly associates. Ensures execution and development of The Coca-Cola Integrated Management System for assigned areas/processes within their responsibility. This position reports to the Production Manager in one of the largest facilities in the system.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient direction so desired business outcomes can be achieved.
- Monitor feedback mechanisms for business issues (e.g., metrics are met, problems are addressed, modifications and/or improvements are captured and integrated) in order to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Review plant production equipment environment (e.g., technology, systems, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Check daily production records against sales and operations plans, stock available and forecasts in order to give appropriate early warning to management of potential production issues.
- Implement process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier or customer business processes and practices) in order to benefit the KO system and suppliers or customers by directing supply chain activities, involving external suppliers, functional peers, account teams and/or cross-functional teams.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation non-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Analyze performance data in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
- Maintain the plant's manufacturing equipment in sanitary condition (e.g., clean and sanitize tanks and pipe routings, maintain conveyor belts, hook up and unload raw material delivery tankers, clean work areas) according to Company GMP policies and procedures in order to assure the quality of the manufactured product.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Production Management: Knowledge of the principles of production management in order to effectively communicate and manage change in a production environment.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state.
- Ability to identify and resolve process, system and/or mechanical failures (e.g., dispensing equipment, manufacturing equipment, software tools, supplier network, parts return, order flags).
Good Manufacturing Practices:
- Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics:
- Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier. Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics. Ability to measure against those standards. Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
Please note this is a rotating shift requiring fleixibility to support a 24/5 +1 operation.
Hours are 11:30PM to 7:30AM for 3rd shift –OR 2:30PM to 11:30 PM for 2nd shift
Monday – Friday and alternate Saturdays. Hours are subject to change based on business need
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-3 years production/manufacturing experience. - 2+ years supervising production staff preferred.
- Basic computer and database application skills Software Experience (Microsoft Office-Excel-PowerPoint-Word).
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems.