HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
St. David's HealthCare/HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division is excited to announce that we have launched our very first Registered Nurse Float Pool!
We are seeking a Nursing Supervisor to build and manage the Float Pool. This is a great opportunity to develop and shape a brand new program while utilizing your leadership and nursing knowledge.
Looking forward, the Float Pool Nurses will have the opportunity to gain experience floating to all seven of our Austin area facilities:
Bailey Square Surgery Center
Central Park Surgery Center
North Austin Surgery Center
Oakwood Surgery Center
San Marcos Surgery Center
South Austin Surgery Center
Surgicare of South Austin
General Summary of Duties
The St. David's/HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Nursing Float Pool Supervisor will help develop shared staff in the market looking for additional hours, manage outside agencies, track cost reductions, and cover unfilled shifts in the market.
The Nursing Float Pool Supervisor will be responsible for reducing contract labor for the 7 St. David's/HCA Austin area surgery centers. They will be the single source staffing contact for the ASC float pool. The supervisor will manage relationships with facility leaders by performing regular visits and be the touch point to all contract labor for these facilities. In addition, the float pool supervisor will work in the ASCs he/she serves.
The Float Pool Supervisor will office at the CWT ASD Offices located at 7800 Shoal Creek, Austin, TX.
Demonstrates technical expertise in areas appropriate to the center's patient population.
Delivers care, and directs the delivery of care by others, in a manner that is consistent with current standards of the profession and with policies / procedures of this center.
Interacts with patients, fellow employee, physicians, and other customers in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
Supports the center's mission by dependability in attendance, punctuality, the timely completion of care and other assignments, resource and information management, and attention to principles of quality service.
Maintains and improves skills and knowledge appropriate for position, personal growth, and for enhancement of patient care.
Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively. Functions effectively as a key player in the facility Leadership Team. Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business operations and the effect they have on the overall business results.
• Identifies and understands underlying care management issues and trends.
• Knows when to apply proper care interventions.
• Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
• Ability to apply tools and processes to successfully manage to staffing budget.
• Ability to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
• Possesses critical thinking skills.
• Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
• Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
• Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated and included in discussions.
• Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• High Impact Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in organizational, project and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile totals.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated computer proficiency and proficiency in PC applications as required.
• Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Bachelor or Master's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
• Previous Management experience required.
• Active RN license as required by state of employment.
• Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
• ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
• CNOR preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom