At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.Job Location
United States : Florida : TampaAlternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not ApplicablePrincipal Responsibilities
- First line management supervising payment of vendor invoices
- Supervise payment of employee reimbursement requests
- Analyze and resolve problems related to the payment process
- Review daily production for efficiency and accuracy; take corrective action where necessary
- Monitor and track daily team production rates
- Perform quality control sampling of all transactions
- Analyze and resolve complex employee and vendor issues communicated via the "Hotline"
- Acquire and maintain proficiency in the daily accounts payable operation by performing processing duties on an as-needed basis
- Guide team members in effectively scheduling and directing workflow within the team, in implementing process improvements, and in establishing and meeting service; motivate team members to achieve personal stretch goals
- Reinforce and communicate unit and team goals through team building and coaching
- Facilitate input from team members regarding process improvement and quality control
- Foster open communication with team members, analysts and management personnel
- Provide assistance and training to team members
- Address problems and issues referred by team members
- Promote adherence to PO/AP Service Center Charter
- Work closely with Shared Services Analysts in the resolution of operational concerns and problems
- Conduct and/or facilitate performance and salary planning for staff
Travel Required Qualifications
- Supervise a team of Accounts Payable Representatives and handles all personnel actions including hiring/firing, performance reviews, and salary planning, etc
- Prior supervisory experience required; 5+ yrs. relevant business experience
- Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts in the area of accounts payable and Ariba
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary
- Knowledge of AP computer applications and systems
- Knowledge of MetLife financial systems helpful
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and be flexible when priorities change
- Evidenced sound judgment in situations where formal rules are lacking
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment
- Knowledge of electronic systems used for PO/AP transaction processing helpful
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, OR equivalent exp.
AccountingNumber of Openings