At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for a Supervisor of Nuclear Fuel Handling for our Mid-Atlantic, Northeast Nuclear plants based out of Kennett Square, PA Nuclear Corporate Headquarters.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directly responsible for the supervision, assignment, and coordination of Outage Planning and Services (OP&S) operations and maintenance activities to support safe, reliable, and efficient outage activities consistent with Exelon Nuclear and station goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Effectively supervise craft personnel to assure all assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and effectively, by qualified workers, and in accordance with procedures, NRC regulations and the site(s) schedule.
- Participate in various aspects of work control coordination, scheduling, and engineering meetings involving online and refuel outage activities, to ensure that assigned work is properly assigned, planned and ready to work.
- Effectively communicate and address plant and personnel issues to the appropriate levels of OP&S and station management. Foster open communications and collaboration between all organizations internal and external to OP&S, including site management, INPO, and regulatory agencies.
- Administer coaching, mentoring, and performance management for assigned employees. Ensure effective communication of company programs, announcements, policies, etc to assigned employees.
- Understand, support, and administer all OP&S processes, such as the training program, surveillance program, procedure revisions, and CAP to ensure effective work practices. Identify and support improvement opportunities and development, implementation and performance monitoring of all corporate and site Business Goals and objectives.
-6 years of utility or related industry experience of which a minimum of 4 years experience in the craft discipline he/she supervises
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS)
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
-3 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and planning skills
- OEM training as applies to discipline in reactor, turbine, or steam generator projects
- Individual possess a two-year technical degree
Demonstrates competence, knowledge, and understanding ob basic principles in own technical field
- Overcomes challenges to make the business succeed
- Demonstrates behavior that supports teams to improve the business
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.