The DePuy Synthes family of companies is hiring for a Supervisor, Orthopedics Field Logistics, CLS North America to be located in Richmond, VA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
This position is responsible for providing superior, specialized service to DePuy Synthes sales consultants, in a professional, timely and self-directed manner. The Team Leader will be responsible for providing superior customer service and support to internal and external business partners at DePuy Synthes franchises (e.g., sales consultants, sales operations and supply chain team members, etc.). Responsible for managing day-to-day operations of 4 sites. Responsible for developing an internal organization of 5 - 10 associates that perform customer service and warehousing/distribution. This position requires full knowledge of each operating company’s policies and procedures. Must possess high-level multi-tasking and organizational skills, along with the ability to provide strong leadership.
All interactions are to be handled in a professional, helpful and timely fashion to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and ensuring attention to compliance requirements. Activities include:
• Designs and executes strategies for the effective distribution and warehousing of Orthopaedics sets including but not limited to the cleaning, repairing, assembling of sets to meet field demands.
• Drives continuous improvement plans to reduce inventory and improve operating costs. Improves instrument and implant inventory deployment utilization thru the development of required policies and technologies.
• Responsible for managing 4 sites and for developing an internal organization of 5-10 associates.
• Fosters relationships with Supply Chain, Field Audit/Inventory, and Sales (Commercial Ops.) to deliver Franchise business results.
• Liaison between Depuy Synthes Commercial Operations and the Sales Force to ensure successful new product launches
• Provides Project support for implementation of process improvements. Conducts training of new resources and cross training for current team members. Communicates in all directions to keep coordinators, peers, and Management informed of project status, process changes, and opportunities.
• Provides leadership to the team in support of business initiatives.
• Initiates and implements process improvements and projects.
• Adheres to quality controls processes and service quality guidelines.
• Thinks and communicates cross-functionally to investigate, research and resolve all exceptions and adjustments promptly and accurately including any necessary coordination with other internal departments and all required customer follow-up in a self-directed manner.
• Remains current with and apply internal and operating companies’ policies & procedures.
• Interacts internally with the sales force and management, commercial partners, regional supply chain leaders, Quality, logistics partners, CLS employees, support functions (HR, IT, Finance), Worldwide Transportation, etc.
• Interacts externally with J&J Affiliates, industry partners, and third-party transportation vendors.
• Addresses more complex issues, makes recommendations and escalates to management as needed
• Writes, reviews and modifies SOP’s, WI, Job Aids and other documents as necessaryQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of experience is required.
• Demonstrating an understanding of Orthopedics and business processes needed to achieve results is required. Understanding relevant products, and applying this knowledge to day-to-day responsibilities is required.
• Effectively using listening, verbal, and written skills to share information and achieving desired outcomes in a professional manner is required.
• Demonstrating an understanding of the needs of the sales organization and of external customers to ensure field and customer satisfaction is preferred.
• Collaborating with supervisors to identify strengths and development areas, and implementing personal development plans is required. Accepting constructive feedback and participating in continuous learning is required.
• Demonstrating flexibility and implementing innovative ways to enhance the way work is done is required.
• Organizing the workspace, prioritizing activities and managing time effectively to achieve goals is required.
• Identifying and analyzing problems, issues and situations is required. Identifying solutions and following through to assess progress and ensure positive results is required.
• Building professional relationships across functions and sites with internal and external partners and collaborates to achieve shared goals is required.
• Ability to effectively use MS Office products for business purposes is required. Experience in AS 400, PRMS, and Optimize is preferred.
• Experience in a hospital setting, preferably exposure to a Sterile Processing Department is preferred.
• LEAN Six Sigma and/or process excellence experience is preferred.
• Travel up to 15% domestically is required. Primary Location
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)Job Function
Materials Management & Distribution
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.