Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
Assist management in overseeing daily operations and production. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for opening and closing the building according to expectations of the management team
- Oversees setting up and cleaning of work stations
- Oversee the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, equipment, and utensils
- Oversees the cashiers on duty and ensure that they are properly trained and adhere to the cashier policy
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verifications, preparing deposits
- Oversees the preparation of food items for the day according to recipes and brand requirements
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items
- Must have high-level product knowledge and ability to train the staff to effectively service the customer
- Ensure staff completes daily temperature logs
- Oversee the product merchandising, line displays, and distribution of marketing materials
- Delegate tasks to employees as necessary
- Provide on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members
- Assist managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintaining up to date contact information
- Inform management of escalating employee conduct issues
- Responsible for making sure the staff properly disposes of waste
- Greet customers as they enter and leave the location
- Ask customers about the quality of their service and handle any complaints (with assistance from the manager on duty) while maintaining a positive attitude and smile
- Oversee staffing during peak times of operation and deal with labor shortages as needed
- Assist managers with administrative tasks, scheduling, ordering and inventory responsibilities
- Ensures each station has the equipment and supplies needed to serve the customers
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ensure uniform compliance of the staff members
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards
- Able to follow detailed written and verbal directions
- Able to walk and stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours
- Perform other requests and assignments as requested by management.
- Maintain positive interaction with co-workers and customers so that efficient and quality service is provided to our customers.
- Be aware of customer needs, assist when possible or refer them to a shift manager who can assist with their requests.
- Share the responsibility for a safe work environment with your team
- Work safely, stay alert, practice good housekeeping, remove potential hazards and follow all established safety regulations.
- Report all incidents/accidents while working to your manager immediately
- Understand all safety regulations of your operation including required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in the food service industry
- High school education or equivalent
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment promote team work
- Ability to use confidential information in an appropriate manner and protect employee privacy
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively use problem solving and decision making skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull objects up to 40 lb
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.