Job Description: Production Control Supervisor Job Description
Develop and implement replenishment strategies and tactics that meet JCI goals and objectives; taking seasonal, divisional and specific customer requirements. The successful candidate will be highly detail oriented with a background in manufacturing management using data base driven ERP software and Lean principles. A proven track record of creative problem solving, following through on integrated projects, and effective communication is essential. Production Control Activities:
- Manage and analyze customer information, understand customers order methods and trends.
- Responsible for site Production Control activities, including management of production schedules and build plans to meet customer demands (Formation & Receiving schedules).
- Maintaining optimum levels of inventory, according to plan, avoiding excesses and/or shortages, to support Production Schedule, and to exceed customer expectation for on-time delivery.
- Expediting and administration of priorities.
- Evaluates safety stock requirements
- Engineering Change Management. Follow up releases of new products and turnover of batteries.
- Ensure good communication between all the departments involved in the Production Process, regarding customer demand changes, battery supply issues and other related information that might affect business operations. Confers with production personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules. Keep Management informed of production status.
- Communicate with Customer Service and other support departments in regards to delivery, order status, inventory status.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and actual operation of the Receivers and the person responsible of boosting (hourly personnel) ensuring all environmental, safety, quality, operations, budget and production targets are being met. Hire, train and evaluate direct reports.
- Responsible of the monthly safety trainings to the people under my supervision. Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities and all Company policies and requirements.
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Attend daily production meetings
- Other job duties assigned as needed.
Job Qualifications: Job Specifications:
- Collaborate on ways to use the ERP system more effectively
- Lead select CI/Lean projects
- Encourage continuous improvement to production control systems which includes accuracy of information, reduce work load, analysis, etc.
- BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Production Planning & Control / Logistics / Supply Chain / Inventory Control
- 1-3 years of Supervisory experience.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (speak/read/write)
- Ability to understand ERP, MRP system. The use of an ERP system and variety of a PC based tools are used daily and require highly developed query, report writing, problem solving and data manipulation skills. Advanced level of Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multicultural environment preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Self-motivated and keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum travel required.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.