Manages quality technicians and the quality laboratory operations. Oversees the testing of products and ingredients to ensure compliance with Coca-Cola specifications, regulatory requirements and customer expectations. Ensures that necessary adjustments are made to product batches and other processes when out of normal operating conditions are experienced.
Performs data audits to ensure accuracy of data and processes. Audit plant sanitation and pest control to ensure all products produced are in accordance with GMP expectations.
Manages new initiatives or special projects that impact entire plant. Acts as technical consultant within and outside plant.
•Supervise team of Lab Technicians for a 24/7 thermal plant that perform daily ingredient, in-process, finished product testing, analysis and microbiology.
•Responsible for internal recipe batch management program.
•Maintain inspection and testing procedures to ensure compliance with Company, USDA, Florida Department of Citrus, and ISO 9001/22000 requirements.
•Identify nonconforming finished products, segregate and ensure proper communications and procedures are conducted to prevent shipment of such materials.
•Develop and analyze trend reports related to quality results including nonconforming materials and finished products. Identify root cause and implement solutions.
•Coordinate interaction with USDA inspection program and promptly address all testing and monitoring issues as they arise.
•Oversee daily plant sanitation inspection program and conduct monthly plant sanitation /GMP audit are prepare reports.
•Procure all necessary laboratory supplies.
•Develop and conduct CIP system validations annually and as needed.
•Review HACCP CCP's in accordance with juice HACCP regulatory requirements and insuring Food Safety Standards.
•Conduct inspection and testing on all customers returned products and or customer complaints.
•Ensure compliance with quality requirements including laboratory test procedures, departmental routines, and sampling frequencies.
•Establish and maintain QA lab 5S program.
•Identify and/or implement quality improvement initiatives.
•Prepare weekly and monthly plant product compliance and noncompliance reports.
•Hire and train associates, conduct annual performance reviews, enforce all plant operating policies, work rules and Quality System requirements. Coach and provide positive associate guidance / discipline in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
•Accompany visitors such as FDA, third party and corporate auditors as needed.
•Prepare reports to communicate overall quality performance for all areas monitored.
•Conduct Internal ISO and Coca-Cola Hypertrac Quality Audits. Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Science Required Related Work Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience analyzing and interpreting scientific data as it relates to food industry quality assurance.
- Background and experience working with laboratory instruments including refract meters, spectrophotometers, colorimeters viscometers, GC and HPLC.
- Knowledgeable of FDA and USDA requirements for juice and juice drink manufacturing. Juice HACCP certification and experience preferred.
- Good understanding of computer systems as they relate to supply chain operations and quality management. Knowledgeable of GMP and Auditing requirements. Able to readily identify and implement process improvement action plans. SPC knowledge is preferred.
Ability to stand walks, climb stairs, stoop, bend, see colors, smell, and taste and hear. Ability to read, writes, hear and speak English. Able to enter cold storage and multi-level areas in a plant environment. Work extended hours and evenings to monitor and train associates in a 24/7 plant. Technical Skills:
- Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation: Knowledge of instrumental theory, mechanical construction and operation, maintenance requirements and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments.
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry: Expert ability to integrate analytical chemistry techniques (e.g., GC, GC/MS and MS) and to apply the most appropriate techniques to a broad range of problems.
- Advanced Microbiology: Ability to understand and interpret advanced microbiological studies as they apply to food and water safety. Ability to understand diseases caused by food and water contamination and design strategies to address issues related to these diseases. Includes awareness of new pathogens that may affect company products and the ability to propose and introduce new assays.
- Sensitive Beverages: Knowledge of and ability to apply sensitive beverage processing techniques (e.g., sanitation, pasteurization, thermal processing and microbiological testing).
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.