Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Malignancies involving all body systems requiring medical/surgical, chemo/radiation therapies including but not limited to: Neuro, GHY/GU, pulmonary, skeletal, and hematopoietic systems. Medical/surgical diagnoses and those requiring isolation/precautions.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status, takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care to a group of patients.
- Job Specific Competencies
- Other duties as assigned
RE QUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in the state of Texas.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing.
- 1-2 years nursing experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Basic computer skills needed
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Prefer One year prior Oncology setting nurse experience
- Chemotherapy provider