Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Plan and coordinate the day-to-day work activities of Repair Technicians to maximize the efficiency of the repair workforce, minimize delays, meet regulatory requirements, and continually achieve the production goals of the Repair Shop. Hire, train, supervise and appraise direct reports. Perform failure analysis and successfully interact with Engineering Department to provide feedback on the product quality.
• Using Networking, Avionics Database Protocol (ARINC 429), hardware and software knowledge, train staff for product design and operation. Guide and direct problem solving with engineers and technicians
• Analyze failure mode of products in both Software and Hardware levels, and provide feedback to the Engineering Department for the product improvement. The analysis to be made based on statistics and create database to generate report.
• Review design / engineering change documents. Evaluate test procedures, measurement points, tooling and equipment to ensure proper maintenance is performed on all products.
• Maintain and Develop test equipment / jigs to improve failure analysis accuracy and productivities. Use both software and hardware skills including but not limited to: Analog/Digital/RF devises, RF/EMI measurement/analysis, LabVIEW, UNIX, TCP/IP, MySQL, Visual Basic, C.
• Manage measuring equipment and ensure they are calibrated in accordance with the requirements set forth by Civil Aviation Authorities. Ensure the calibration meets ISO 17025, ANSI Z540 or other applicable industry standards.
• Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
• Coordinate with senior technicians to assign daily repair duties as needed to maximize repair efficiency and maintain Shop turn-around-time (TAT) and productivity for repairs.
• Assist in ensuring that all necessary work records are properly executed by Shop personnel.
• Develop, build, modify, troubleshoot, and verify testers for Shop use.
• Provide on-demand support for the Shop operations, including part obsolescence/substitution, hardware/software modification programs, and supply/tool ordering.
• Perform regular informal observations to ensure that repair processes conform to FAA regulations and quality manual requirements. Report discrepancies to the Technical Manager and Chief Inspector for investigation/correction.
• Assist with stock storage, control, segregation, and identification of all items or units in the repair process.
• Travel as necessary to conduct Shop business.
• Must be able to develop, build, modify, troubleshoot, and verify testers for Shop use.
• Intimately familiar with regulatory requirements to ensure that shop operations are in regulatory compliance.
• Builds customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting and successfully overcoming technical repair issues.
• Directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
• Make well-reasoned decisions within established guidelines and be able to judge which changes are acceptable to meet situations that were unforeseen when guidelines were established.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
u00b7 Familiar with ISO 17025 and Z540 Calibration Standard
u00b7 Familiar with ANSI/IEEE electronic circuit symbols and schematic diagrams.
u00b7 Familiar with predominant avionics data bus protocol such as ARINC 429.
u00b7 Familiar with TCP/IP protocols, IP addressing and IP network design, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber, 802.11b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN, 802.1Q, 802.1X
u00b7 Intermediate to advance knowledge of RF components and test equipment
Education/ Experience Requirements
u00b7 BSEE, physics, computer science or equivalent related technical degree.
u00b7 Minimum 5 years' experience in hardware design, sustaining, or technical development area.
u00b7 Analysis and application of appropriate EMI / Signal Integrity controls.
u00b7 Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis.
u00b7 Circuit card and flex circuit fabrication techniques.
u00b7 Programing in Visual Basic, C, Java or other equivalent programming languages.
u00b7 Expertise in ground based rack mounted hardware, cabling, and power/thermal management.
u00b7 Expertise in integration of COTS and Custom design hardware, firmware, and software.
u00b7 Expertise in ruggedized electronics design for MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F requirements.
u00b7 Expertise in Linux based computer system.
u00b7 Expertise in troubleshooting integrated aeronautical electronic components.
u00b7 Configuration Management, automation and Scripting experience.
u00b7 General hands-on soldering experience.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1602342
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.