: Must have Orthopedic Experience POSITION SUMMARY :
The Orthopedic Surgery Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations and throughput of orthopedic surgery from patient scheduling to discharge. Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures, coordinates and supervises the planning and implementation of intra- and interdepartmental activities of the unit. Collaborates with physicians and leadership on patient throughput and capital requests. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Collaborates with OR staff and Surgeons to maximize operational efficiencies
- Communicates with vendors to ensure required supplies and equipment are available for procedures.
- Creates and priorities capital list for yearly budget review. Obtains quotes from vendors to submit to Director.
- Demonstrates accountability to metrics expectations including turnover times, first case on time starts and volume growth.
- Facilitates feedback from surgeons and collaborates with management to implement process improvements.
- Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
- Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HCA's and St. David's "Patient First" safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Works autonomously
- Sets priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature .
- Must maintain current knowledge of Orthopedics and how to work within a system to deliver multiple components of high level comprehensive care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to provide patient and staff education in an organized and understandable manner.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to changes in work methods, information needs and restructuring in the delivery of health care services.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
Required: Comprehensive knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, Standards of Care,
instrumentation, equipment, and supplies as they directly correlate to the specialty.
Preferred:Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Minimum of 3 years of Operating Room experience.
Preferred: Previous experience with program coordination and development. Previous experience specific to Orthopedics. LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES :
Required: Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; BCLS certification
Preferred: Certification preferred (CNOR/CST).