Frankfort Regional Medical Center
Job Title: Supervisor
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Position Summary: The Supervisor is in charge of coordinating menu planning, monitoring food preparation, adhering to sanitation procedures, set prices for food items, and purchases foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. The Supervisor is responsible for hiring, firing, training and managing all kitchen and non-cooking personnel. The Supervisor will meet with professional staff, dietitians, or customers as needed.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
• Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
• Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
• Supervises non-cooking personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
• Supervises COOK and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
• Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
• Purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or requisitions
• Trains new workers.
• May set prices to be charged for food items.
• May meet with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
• May assist dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared.
• Will perform other duties as needed throughout the workday.
Supervisory experience in the food service industry.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom