Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supervising a team of technical services personnel providing service and installation activity. Meets the shop's Company's standard for QC measurements. Trains Technicians on test equipment usage and troubleshooting techniques. Manages schedule coordination with NOC and ensures the proper completion of all scheduled or on-demand service or maintenance work by coordinating and mentoring team on fair and business practical methods. Ensures system compliance to NCTA and FCC regulations and Comcast's minimum operating specifications including day-to-day procedures associated with compliance as it relates to CommTechs. Develops staff training quality measurement guidelines and minimum requirements. Proactively supports and motivates technicians training by continually monitoring progress and training schedules. In conjunction with Manager, performs and conducts annual, bi-annual reviews along with providing an ongoing open communications with team to include coaching, mentoring, and career development on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for technical development of supervised personnel, which contributes to customer satisfaction, and meeting the operational and customer service standards of the department.
- Quota management to include, entering daily quota into CableData based on Technical Schedules.
- Working with Lead CommTechs manage the daily safety inspection issues, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Implements standard safety training and maintains daily safety inspection issues.
- Reviews and coordinates nightly check-in and rotates On-Call schedules.
- Coordinates all vehicle assignments, maintenance, and inspections.
- Ensures systems and staff are able to respond to the demands of new technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Performs duties of CT1 through CT3, as needed.
- Analyzes operations and performance to assure operational efficiencies through productivity, QC, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates department responses to customer and department issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Works with other departments, as necessary, to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Ability to install all types of cable and run service calls to completion.
- Diagnoses all types of signal faults.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, climb utility poles and drive long periods of time digging, crawling, stooping and standing.
- Complies with all OSHA safety measures.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weigh capacity for all equipment, including by not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
- Must be a Certified CommTech 3 or above
- Must have Technical field experience
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Strong team motivator, with previous "lead" experience preferred
- Must have strong organization and project management skills.
- Must be able to coach, supervise and train others.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and straight-forward manner.
- Must have budgeting and Profit/Loss experience.
- Must have proven customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of Basic Data Transmission Networking.
- Must have knowledge of Proof of Performance testing procedures.
- Must have knowledge of cable television products and services.
- Must have Understanding of FCC Part 76.605
- Must have the ability to use personal computer and software applications and general knowledge of computer hardware architectures.
- Prior Comcast Experience required
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 70lbs
- Must be able to carry and climb tall ladders
- Must work and travel outside in inclement weather
- Must work near power lines and electricity
- Must work and climb on poles, roofs, ladders and/or bucket trucks in high elevations
- Must work in confined spaces which include but not limited to crawl spaces and attics
- May be required to wear hard hat, gloves, eye protection, and safety gloves
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Must use standard office equipment, tools and materials
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer