Supervise, direct, and control day-to-day Fleet Services maintenance operations in multiple repair facilities to safely maintain vehicle availability, reliability, performance, and appearance consistent with Company objectives and standards in a least-cost manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Direct and supervise employees in day-to-day operations and activities at multiple Fleet Services repair facilities and coordinate activities across multiple shifts and locations. Ensure adherence to Company and departmental safety rules and practices. Provide coaching and discipline, when necessary, to employees to achieve and maintain optimum performance in safety and productivity.
* Manage relationships and establish effective communications with line management and organizational leadership.
* Implement and manage all safety initiatives, preventive maintenance programs, management plans, and training programs.
* Ensure that appropriate inventory levels of parts and supplies are maintained through use of approved Fleet Services supply strategies. Manage all budgetary aspects for the facilities under his/her direct responsibility, including costs of material, labor, and contracted services..
* Create and maintain a safe, clean, reliable, and efficient vehicle fleet and maintenance facilities. Manage all fleet assets assigned to the facilities under his/her direct responsibility.
* Assist in the preparation of the annual Fleet Services budget and fleet replacement strategy.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
10 years experience in the fleet services field; or 5 years supervisory experience within Exelon with 5 years prior experience in a fleet services field
Ability to successfully complete the Exelon Supervisory Assessment
Working knowledge of all facets of hydraulic, diesel, and gasoline vehicle maintenance.
Demonstrated leadership ability in a high performance culture•
Demonstrated high commitment to safety
Holds all applicable licenses and endorsements required for this position
Proficiency in PC-based computer applications and fleet management software systems
Associates Degree in Automotive technology and/or ASE Master certification
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers