Supervise, motivate, and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service Department. This includes, but is not limited to, appropriately distributing workload, training, monitoring daily performance, and assisting the Manager with interviewing, selecting, and training new employees. Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in the interview and selection process, supervise, motivate, coach, train, develop, evaluate, promote, and discipline employees under his/her direction. Monitor, observe and document results of Customer Service Representative work processes and procedures through side-by-side monitoring, remote call monitoring and other methods. Identify and resolve all aspects of Customer Service Representative and team performance including but not limited to: call quality, work order accuracy, productivity, compliance and adherence to assigned schedule, sales goals, and customer feedback survey results through appropriate partnership with a Customer Service Manager and Human Resources Generalist.
- Schedule, organize and distribute work to Customer Service Representatives while assuring compliance with Company procedures, timeframe constraints and quality standards.
- Maintain attendance and timekeeping records (Kronos).
- Handle difficult and/or complex customer inquiries and complaints referred by Customer Service Representatives and other sources.
- Utilize the billing system to investigate and resolve customer issues. Correct errors when needed.
- Facilitate open communication between Leadership and non-Leadership staff within the Department. Make recommendations on ways to improve the Company, Department or team efficiency and effectiveness to Leadership.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education Level: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
A minimum of 3 years strong customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment necessary. Must possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead by example and promote professional customer serviced skills at all times. Solid organizational and analytical skills are required. Must possess sound judgment, as well as good problem solving and decision making ability. Must possess the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, plan, organize, prioritize, meet deadlines and make effective decisions. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to motivate others, lead in a team environment and initiate team decisions.
Must have a willingness to continuously improve skills and provide a high level of quality customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
A minimum of 1 year supervisory or leadership experience with demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams of 10 – 15 employees, coach, train and communicate/enforce policies and procedures preferred. Bachelor's or Associate’s degree preferred. Experience in the cable or communications industry preferred.
Required Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, etc., to perform the essential functions of this position: None.
Travel requirements and frequency: Occasional local, in-state, regional and overnight travel.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Spectrum Standards or Business Conduct. Must maintain the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
Communication Skill Level:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.