Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the Excellence in Operations (XOC) team that monitors, repairs, and maintains network infrastructure. Provides guidance, solutions, and resources for staff in matters of technical and procedural issues. Ensures adherence to department procedures, processes, and policies. Maintains relationships with people across a variety of areas within the organization. Provides expertise and guidance in department projects and initiatives and in cross-functional project teams. Sets priorities for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
-Manage the daily operations of the XOC Technicians. This includesbut is not limited tonetwork monitoring, ticketing, dispatching, escalating, and scheduled maintenance activity.
-Perform reporting on outage activity, scheduled maintenance activity, and overall network health.
-Establish, maintain, and coordinate communication with individuals/teams/groups/departments interacting with the XOC Department.
-Responsible for the accurate and complete documentation of outages and other network-impacting events/issues. This includes TTS tickets, Watchtower Jobs, reports, etc
-Assist with schedules and staff coverage including the processing of time off requests.
-Communicates company strategy and motivates employees toward achieving company vision.
-Working with customers, internal or external, to resolve escalated issues regarding both quality of service and employee conduct.
-Ensures regular communications with maintenance technicians; works with other XOC Supervisors and the Manager to ensure cross training and cross development for XOC employees with other individuals/groups/teams/departments
-Works on special projects, as assigned, to help achieve the goals of the department
-Works with the other XOC Supervisors and the Manager to introduce new products and services to the group/team
-Proposes policy changes to Manager for final approval and communication to rest of department
-Interfaces with third party organizations and with a variety of internal organizations
-Evaluate network-related issues to determine proper action to be taken and follows through to resolution.
-Develop strategies to continue to improve process efficiencies and metrics and communicate best practices to the XOC Technicians and other impacted parties.
-Generate reports to analyze the depth of network-related issues to establish root cause.
-Adheres to Comcast business rules in order to meet or exceed our internal and external customer expectations.
-Must cover on-call on a weekly rotating basis and be available to work any shift in a 24x7x365 department, including holidays.
- Communicates and implements Company and department policies, procedures, and processes at ground level to ensure efficient and effective support for all operating systems. Ensures that established National Service Level Agreements for all processes and procedures are followed at all levels.
- Implements and maintains monitoring processes for all services, network performance, network maintenance, telecommunications maintenance, facilities management, CMTS's, and overall network performance/reliability.
- Assures proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements including network health reports, post-mortem of outages, outage reports, headend reports, trending reports/analysis, and management/operating summaries.
- Participates in department projects and initiatives and provides knowledge and leadership in cross-functional project teams.
- Acts as a resource for staff on technical and procedural questions and concerns. Provides solutions and escalates certain issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates daily goals and tasks and communicates expectations to the team. Supervises to ensure tasks are completed on time and in accordance with Company policy.
- Mentors, trains, and develops staff. Escalates work performance issues to the proper personnel when necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering
Years of Experience-Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer