Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
Alternate Job Location : Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Specialized Benefit Resources (SBR) is a full-service unit within MetLife (RIS/LIFS) that focuses exclusively on the design, implementation, and administration of liability financing and corporate executive benefits through the use of corporate-owned, corporate-sponsored, and bank-owned life insurance products.
This position will work closely with the Director of Client Services - Operational Support and oversee (4) employees and includes daily interaction with the other areas of Operational Support and Client Relationship Services.
- Full People Management Responsibility including setting objectives, career development, feedback, succession planning, developing talent and skills of staff and hiring and termination.
- Cross-Train with the Claims Consultant position and act as Back-Up during times of heavy volume, vacation, and participate and assist with related projects/processes/initiatives.
- Gathering, coordinating, analyzing, and reporting of departmental metrics in order to identify potential process improvement opportunities. Offer LEAN-Lite suggestions for Operational Support.
- Oversight and guidance of the Out population, which is upward of 5,000 policies (including researching and answering Associate Client Executive’s questions on these policies).
- Oversight for the Policyholder Services (PHS) Department (including the review of Vantage transactions and approvals of outgoing check and wire disbursements).
- Cross-train with the PHS department on all aspects of workflow and Vantage transaction processing.
- Partner with LIFS Compliance (on ACTS Bulletins, Compliance Mailings, and Compliance Projects).
- Special Projects/System Initiatives/Procedure Review as necessary. This would include the Writing, Review, and Analysis of Business Specifications.
- FINRA Registration as a Registered Representative (Series 6 or 7) is
- Professional insurance designation or college degree preferred
- 8-10 years of life insurance experience preferred (COLI preferred)
- Previous management experience is required
- Knowledge of Universal Life, Variable Universal Life, and Private Placement Variable Life Products
- Ability to work and communicate proficiently using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook
- Strong mathematical aptitude combined with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions
- Strong customer service skills
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 59381