Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Supplier Contracting Services Manager within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Supplier Contracting Services Manager, will:
• Managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature, including interfacing with the business partner (internal and external customers) for such activities as initial proposal discussion and Q&A for medium and highly complex agreement types.
• Perform the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
• Develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts.
• Process diverse types of contracts, including but not limited to Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert within team, and with cross functional stakeholders, and mentor the Lead Contract/Contract Champions; acts as the first point of review of contracts for Lead Contract Champions to inspect quality of red lines before be escalated to subject manner expert.
• Review and approve recommendations prior to be elevated to the Law Department.
• Develop and deliver training for the team and cross functional stakeholders.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement activities and lead, manage, and/or participate in various projects to help better the overall COE.
• A Bachelor's degree is required; a minor in Procurement, Contract Law, Finance or Commercial Business is preferred. Juris Doctorate and/or contract management certification is desired.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience is required.
• Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers is required.
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
• Contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required.
• Must possess strong team work skills such as relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to lead and manage cross functional teams.
• Must have the ability to provide consultation and negotiation support to business partners and interpret basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy.
• Must possess working knowledge of company business and subject matter, as well as an understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions.
• Good problem solving ability and administrative skills are required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required; PowerPoint is preferred.
• Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others is required. A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required.
• Ability to coach and train others on contracting is required.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager is required.
• Must be able and willing to travel 25% of the time to domestic and international destinations.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function