Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.Key Responsibilities
- Work with New Product Development teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Interact with New Product Introduction teams to ensure suppliers are involved in the development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
- Use project management skills and quality tools to investigate alternate manufacturing processes for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability.
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Assist in the supplier technical audit process and evaluate supplier performance and capability, drive continuous improvement opportunities at supplier.
- Assist with quality problem resolutions and incident management, drive root cause and correction action.
- Evaluates technical requirements of new and existing products. Applies knowledge of qualified sources and products to recommend materials to Design Engineering, which would result in savings, lead time reductions, system improvements, increased life and/or mitigated risk.
- Perform supplier production assessment to ensure serial production readiness for transferred and new modules
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.