Adecco is hiring for an experienced supplier quality engineer to provide leadership, direction and hands on involvement regarding quality, continuous improvement and problem solving at an industry leader in Greensboro.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for developing and qualifying domestic and offshore suppliers leading to improvements in quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assist in the management of the Quality performance of multiple critical categories. This position requires the engineer to support multiple categories and suppliers. Expertise needs to the design and manufacturing techniques and standards.
- Responsible for qualifying the components awarded to their assigned categories and suppliers using PPAP / PSO process.
- Responsible for championing onsite supplier process characterization (continuous improvement) efforts, supplier yield & capacity improvement.
- Responsible for performing periodic quality assessments of their assigned focus suppliers and sub-categories
- Establish and carry out programs to assure supplier material quality and reliability levels will consistently be within levels required.
- Travel to supplier sites should be expected as part of implementation of improvement programs and continuous monitoring of supplier progress.
- Lead Quality Meetings with suppliers and develop and monitor continuous improvement plans.
- The candidate must be able to independently solve problems and be able to recommend and/or drive corrective actions.
- Drive Supply Chain level product improvement back to engineering during the NPI phases and/or as identified during continuous improvement activities.
- Support and drive the process to identify, develop, and qualify domestic and offshore suppliers
- Drive quality related policy deployment objectives
- Evaluate and improve supplier capacity to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Interface with product development teams to identify and qualify potential suppliers, including OEM partners.
- Utilize statistical methods and root cause problem solving in analyzing quality issues and quality standards.
- Lead the resolution of customer complaints and field failures, developing solutions as appropriate to eliminate the recurrence of the issue
- Set up and coordinate and/or facilitate improvement Material Review Board (MRB) project teams.
- Monitor and report on quality metrics and progress toward quality goals including, Supplier PPM and Supplier Scorecard. Lead the effort to improve metrics.
- Develop and manage action plans in support of quality related policy deployment objectives and improvement projects.
- Recommend test and inspection equipment and methods as required to achieve quality goals.
- Lead kaizen events
Background and Skills
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing) (required)
- 7 years + experience in quality planning, tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment (required)
- Prior experience in a Supplier Quality or Suppler Development role. (required)
- Engineering knowledge in DOE, FMEA, SPC, Process Characterization, GR&R - Sufficient command of the principles of statistics and quality assurance systems, and PPAP. (required)
- Prior experience in development or implementation of an internal Supplier Quality Management system. (required)
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes: electronics assembly and test methods, CMM measurement, milling/turning, casting, sheet metal fabrication, powder coat painting, and electrical/mechanical assembly. (preferred)
- Strong understanding of effective quality systems and methodologies (ISO / TS).
- Strong statistical analysis skills with solid command of the tools and methodologies
- Understands internal and external business environment, practices, and trends in quality management.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and champions innovative ideas.
- Able to make decisions of moderate to high complexity that impact schedules/deliverables of projects.
- Utilizes resourcefulness/negotiation to effectively leverage and focus needed resources across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Ability to work regional and global level projects.
- Able to develop and deliver professional presentation to customer and senior leaders.
- Basic understanding of LEAN and/or TPS fundamentals
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to interpret component specifications for the purpose of anticipating design or part discrepancies that will lead to part quality or reliability problems.
Candidates must be able to pass a background and drug screening. This is a contract position at a great company with lots of opportunity. If this sounds like your ideal position apply today!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.