At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for the Abrasives Systems Division located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Senior Quality Engineer
will be responsible to manage and maintain the ASD Rotational Failure Speed (RFS) test requirements and methodology. This position will support new product development programs as well as existing marketed products to ensure products meet ASD RFS requirements. This person will work closely with global cross-functional teams (lab, plant site manufacturing, manufacturing technology, supply chain, packaging, PRL) to ensure rotational abrasive products conform to internal and external requirements. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain ASD RFS Requirements & Methodologies; perform training as necessary
- Ensure product test results conform to and support product MAX RPM labelled claims
- Internal ASD RFS Requirements & External Standards (ANSI, EN, JIS, AS, ISO)
- Support new product introduction (NPI) development teams
- Team member supporting MAX RPM for product risk assessments and ensure implementation of risk mitigations
- Establish qualification test plan, analysis of results, approve release documents and implement product release limits at the site
- Perform eNPI phase gate review & approval, ensure conformity to Lifecycle Management (LCM) phase gate requirements
- Participate as an active member of the local & global Management of Change (MOC) review board; ensure product changes do not impact product burst requirements and support test plans as necessary to qualify change(s)
- Perform RFS Administrator review & approval as part of releasing US finished good part numbers via Product Packaging Commercialization (PPC) process
- Maintain a working knowledge of burst, equipment capabilities (internal & external)
- Global Safety Team member serving as abrasive MAX RPM product labelled claims expert for the U.S. with working knowledge of global product labelled claims.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Quality Engineering experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience leading or working with quality management systems including risk management
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification
- Black Belt certification
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Experience leading and / or participating on cross functional teams
- Knowledge and experience implementing DOE, SPC, and Test methods
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.