Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a VPI Program Lead SQIE. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Quality projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Selects, develops, manages, and ensures defect-free performance of the business' supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement.
- Leads processes to drive improvements. Resolves supplier quality issues.
- Participates in supplier evaluation, selection, and strategic sourcing process development.
- Responsible for the supplier corrective action process including containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Ensures suppliers use quality tools effectively.
- Works with supplier to ensure all product requirements are met.
- Oversees the supplier quality resources for new product introduction and current products to reduce supplier related issues, improve process capabilities, and ensure timely project launches.
- Responsible for determining if all requirements are met by the supplier for new or changed products.
- Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets.
- Facilitates continuous improvement activities to reduce defects.
- Aiag Core Tools Expectation - AIAG Core tools are seen as being fundamental in support of the automotive preferred quality system ISO/TS 16949, and delivering satisfactory product quality.
- Basic Quality Tools - Use of Basic Quality Tools includes the ability to understand what quality tool is appropriate, ability to apply the Quality Tool, and the ability to analyze the data that results from use of the tool. Simple tools include Pareto analysis, histograms, control charts. More complex tools include tools such as Design of Experiments and Quality Function Deployment.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement - Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- VPI Lead SQIE will represent supplier quality function in VPI Core Team and work closely with global SQIEs and global supply base to assure successful technical integration.
- VPI lead SQIE responsible to assure APQP on track versus program deliverables and help with resolution of any supplier quality FIRGs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Experience in fuel systems components and/or precision machining and special processes like Heat Treat, ECM, shot peening, thermal de-burr, AFM, etc. would be helpful.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering or a related technical or scientific subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.