DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Supplier Quality Manager located at the Monument, CO facility
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Reporting to the NA Supplier Quality Director, the Supplier Quality Manager has primary responsibility to provide supplier quality assurance expertise, direction and supervision to the supplier quality staff based at the Monument site. This position provides supervision and site support following established DePuy Synthes, MD, and regulatory standards. The Supplier Quality Manager will develop and monitor QA systems to ensure that the company meets its objectives with regard to supplier controls, product quality and staff development.
In addition this position has responsibility to provide supplier management support to the Monument site and support other supplier quality initiatives across the franchise.
The Supplier Quality Manager will:
- Be responsible for the overall supplier control processes at DePuySynthes’ Monument site.
- Lead development, continuous improvement and implementation of supplier control processes for Monument’s Supplier Quality System to ensure it meets regulatory requirements and aligns with J&J and sector standards.
- Recruit, develop and manage Monument’s supplier quality staff to ensure a high performing team to achieve the groups objectives
- Provide Supplier Quality Engineering oversight to suppliers including inspection technique support, product non-conformances, verification/validation activities, CAPA and change management.
- Ensure effective and timely investigation and closure of all CAPA’s, Supplier Non Conformances, complaints and product issues.
- Lead Supplier Quality input to site management reviews
- Supports third party assessments at both DePuy Synthes and suppliers.
- Provide Quality leadership in support of supplier and External Manufacturing Outsourcing programs and product transfers to suppliers
- Partner with site Management teams to meet site SQ related objectives
- Provide SQ input to and attend supplier business reviews as required
- Responsible for ensuring the supplier audit schedule is achieved
- Drive a standardised approach by leading the Supplier Management Committee meetings for responsible sites
- Maintain and control the list of approved suppliers for sites within Monument’s Quality System
- Maintain and control company SOPs in support of initial supplier approval and continuous supplier evaluation and in compliance with MD Supplier quality requirements
- Maintain supplier management documentation and records to ensure they are complete and current
- Promote continuous improvement and Process Excellence activities within the DePuy Synthes Supplier Quality Management group
- Work to ensure supplier engineering resources are prioritized in support of business and quality aims
- Actively drive all defined Supplier and External Manufacturing Quality Systems goals and objectives.
- Design and validate Quality System processes where appropriate
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate
- Resolve problems & eliminate constraints to ensure project and supply targets are met.
- Generate Quality metrics on supplier performance and establish measures to monitor quality
- Maintain standards of housekeeping & GMP requirements
- Represent the Supply Process Quality Assurance function as required by management
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of all activities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/scientific or associated relevant technical / engineering discipline is required.
- An advanced degree in engineering/scientific or discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in a regulated industry is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial/supervision capacity is required.
- Previous work experience with Suppliers is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business impact of compliance issues and risk management is preferred. Experience in leadership roles involving project management, problem solving and technical projects is required.
- This individual is required to possess high performing skills in negotiating and influencing decision makers, decision making skills, communication skills, judgement, tact and leadership skills.
J&J is an equal opportunity employer
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.