The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain organization is currently hiring for a Supply Chain Academy Training Director to be located preferably in Bridgewater, NJ, but can also be located at any Johnson & Johnson site in North America.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Reporting to the J&J SC Academy Senior Director, this position is part of Product Supply within the Enterprise Strategy and Deployment Department. The Training Director will be responsible for shaping the direction of training across the supply chain in the areas of functional and leadership learning by establishing and maintaining E2E Curriculums, ensuring that personnel within all assigned areas are equipped with the knowledge, understanding and training to successfully execute their responsibilities. The Training Director is also responsible for ensuring that all Training Programs and Processes are in compliance with local, national and international regulations and standards as well as with all segment policies and processes and J&J Corporate requirements. He/she will be responsible for shaping and delivering said training programs in 21st century learning modalities measured against industry standards in support of SC business goals. He/she will direct the integration of course content, including the testing, technical evaluation and determination of programming changes and effectiveness. In addition, this position will lead a governance team across the segments and functions aligned to the SC Academy strategic intent in support of SC goals and objectives. He/she will work on mentoring/coaching as appropriate to all levels of the organization on skills and best practices needed to build and maintain a high performing training culture while effectively and efficiently deploying appropriate training interventions. Another key component of this position will be to make knowledge readily and easily available across learning & development for SC as well as leadership development communities, driving consistent best practice sharing between different areas within Supply Chain and building / developing key Supply Chain skills / capabilities at all levels, and in all areas of Supply Chain.
The cross-segment and global dependencies of this program require close collaboration with all supply chain functions, process excellence groups, program management offices (PMO’s), Quality Management System Working Group, worldwide engineering (FPX), external training vendors and partners within HR and the Center for Leadership and Learning.
• Shape, Develop and Establish the curriculum in the areas of Functional and Leadership for SC personnel
• Maintains effective and efficient Training Programs including content and delivery mechanisms
• Manage competency model in partnership with functions and HR
• Develop, deploy and maintain consistent knowledge management processes
• Ensures that all aspects of the Training Programs are compliant to all applicable regulations and standards as well as franchise policies and processes and J&J Corporate requirements.
• Ensure all personnel that act as a trainer are qualified, including the assessment of knowledge, experience and self-sufficiency
• Establishes sustainable solutions for all aspects of the training programs
• Advises Senior Leadership of program status as well as trends in the program effectiveness, and recommends responses and solutions based on sound analysis and frequent monitoring.
• Develop relevant metrics to monitor the compliance and effectiveness of the training programs
• Partner with the Center for Leadership and Learning; support Sr. leadership on ELAB (enterprise leadership advisory board)
• Lead a governance body with segment and functional representation to implement and monitor training and development
• Act as training subject matter expert as needed and provides proactive and reactive support in response to problems
• Establish and ensure 21st century learning modalities are delivered and are encompassing of our global environment
• Benchmark against industry standards to ensure curriculums are state of the art in content and delivery
• Provide support and trouble-shooting for content-related issues
• Provide technical/system recommendations, rules and standards to content suppliers
• Interface with content developers and suppliers as a technical expert to ensure that Enterprise design standards are met
• Collaborate with Training & Development staff to coordinate the selection, delivery, and import of 3rd party content
• Stay abreast of latest content technology
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required preferably in Education or Supply Chain; Master’s preferred
• Certification in an area such as training effectiveness preferred
• Certifications in adult learning highly preferred
• Training Within Industry knowledge or certification is preferred
• 10 yrs. related work experience in developing adult training curriculums
• Experience working in a Global Environment is required
• Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is required; Cornerstone On Demand system preferred
• Development and maintenance of a Competency Model is required
• Development of knowledge management center/system is required
• Utilization of Kirkpatrick evaluation model is preferred; Metrics that Matter experience preferred
• The ability to think strategically is required
• Experience with SharePoint 365 is preferred
• Travel is required for this role in a range of up to 25%-50% based on locationPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOther Locations
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID