A Supply Chain Analyst will maintain solutions as it relates to the customer agreement and may recommend and implement changes to improve efficiency, provide cost savings or reduce support. Position will require customer interactions and be capable of representing Penske in customer meetings. A Penske Supply Chain Analyst will work collectively between Operations, Engineering and Technology to support logistics solutions and strategic cost savings opportunities. The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for managing Transportation Management business processes including shipment route plan optimization and execution to ensure that Penske's solutions are meeting customer requirements.
- Analyzes route schedules or load plans, historical activity and customer trends in order to provide recommendations for improvements to routing efficiency and solution effectiveness
- Support the design and implementation of a developed supply chain solution
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Handle reoccurring analysis and tasks driving continuous cost savings initiatives
- Examine current processes and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems
- Interact with customers in resolving problems and coordinating implementations
- Develop and distribute weekly customer metrics and develop customer performance reports
- Meet customer deadlines and develop metrics dashboards that highlight customer specific analytics
- Develop and assist with presenting customer analytics, key trends and solution proposals during customer QBR's
- Applies network changes and synchronizes execution with TM system
- Maps and documents standard operating processes
- Applies tactical processes daily within the established business rules.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to answer customer requests and propose solutions
- Work with internal subject matter expert to resolve problems and support implementations
- Follow processes that are set by engineering and help implement any process changes and transportation design changes
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 1 - 4 year comparable work experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred: Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management preferred
- Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience analyzing large sets of data
- Candidate must possess computer skills to include: Access, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Consistently demonstrates proven ability to learn and use necessary tools
- Ability to follows process and standard procedures
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.