More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for managing multiple work streams for supply chain modeling and analysis in the context of Category Management, CMU Customers, Steady State Optimization, Transportation Networks, Foldout Modeling and other ad-hoc analysis requests. The Supply Chain Analyst will work with external and internal customers on various projects to propose an optimized future state supply chain. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Work with internal and external customers to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy
- Model, analyze and compare various supply chain scenarios using supply chain optimization tools
- Communicate with internal and external customer to understand the business model and obtain current state costs
- Coordinate with key stake holders and help in developing strategies, assumptions and supply chain analysis deliverables
- Research, select and recommend scenario which is the most profitable and executable from business perspective and project cost/savings impact for the future state supply chain
- Work with operations departments to transition from the analysis phase to the execution phase
- Support and Assist Supply Chain Analyst II and Sr. Supply Chain Analyst in effectively selling supply chain change recommendation to internal/external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Operations Management/Supply Chain Management/Distribution and logistics), Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a closely related field.
STRONGLY PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of business analytics experience in supply chain or cost modeling, preferrable in a high volume, multi-location, distribution environment, concentrating on supply chain modeling and analysis or related internship experience.
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can interpret large data sets comfortably
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills to interact with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with various levels of Sysco management/depart,emts and external partners/suppliers.
- Exceptional Excel skills with extensive knowledge and expereince handling large datasets
- Experience of using Microsoft Access and SQL Server preferred.
- Understanding of applications of mixed integer programming based modeling tools such as i2 Supply Chain Strategist, Infor CAPS Supply Chain Designer or other tools perferred.
• Transportation Network Modeling & Strategy
• Network optimization
• Carrier Optimization
• Continuous Moves Optimization
• Cross Dock Optimization
• Transportation Modeling Software eg: i2 Transportation Modeler
• Freight optimization and analysis
• Mode Conversion Analysis
• Statistical analysis
• Empty Miles Optimization
• Multi-stop routing PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.