Walgreens is seeking highly talented and career-minded professionals who will begin employment at Walgreens Corporate Headquarters within the Supply Chain Analyst Rotational Program (SCARP). SCARP is a two year program in which analysts complete three rotations of eight months each prior to graduating into a regular position of greater responsibility. SCARP focuses on further developing and growing analysts into well-rounded business professionals through gaining strong, foundational education and training in Supply Chain. SCARP is a highly visible program, supported by senior leaders of Walgreens Supply Chain.
During the two year program, analysts will rotate through various Supply Chain departments such as Inventory Management, Transportation, Master Data, Ecommerce, DC Operations, and Analytics. The analysts will be assigned a SCARP mentor who will counsel them throughout the program. SCARP offers extensive training through each rotation that focuses on the development of analysts' core competencies such as leadership, communication, and problem solving, as well as technical competencies in the context of Walgreens such as supply planning, data analysis, and financial planning. SCARP also has a robust performance management process focused on continuous development.
Graduates of SCARP are expected to take future leadership positions within the company as they advance their careers.Job Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex analysis of information, problems, and/or data under general supervision. Makes recommendations for the review of more senior staff members.
- Tracks, monitors and measures the benefit of implemented solutions for moderately complex issues, applying company policies and procedures in the resolution of a variety of issues. May also perform gap analysis.
- Communicates perceived risks to senior staff members and leadership with recommendations for mitigation.
- Computes metrics involving moderately complex issues.
- Develops, analyzes and disseminates moderately complex reports.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships to work collaboratively. Shares knowledge with the team.
- Resolves moderately complex issues.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Recommends streamlined processes and process improvements to more senior staff members. Assists in driving change as needed.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience or internship experience in a supply chain or business role OR Bachelor's Degree and successful completion of Walgreens Supply Chain Co-op Program OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.