At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for the Safety and Graphics Business Group located in Menomonie, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Supply Chain Analyst
will be responsible for managing the end to end supply chain, ensuring customer requirements and supply chain metrics are attained. This position involves partnering with various plant and division personnel and continuously working to improve the planning and scheduling process. This role will also be responsible for identifying and implementing ways to improve customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain efficiency to achieve measurable results.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute capacity, production and procurement plans for designated manufacturing lines and associated products
- Develops and maintains operating rhythms to ensure smooth supply chain operations, aligning supply with demand.
- Provides a high degree of planning analysis to support decision making.
- Identifies and leads projects that improve supply chain speed and inventory investment. Review and reports on project progress with management.
- Works closely with the business unit to understand customer requirements and forecasts. Works closely with manufacturing to ensure alignment to business requirements by setting and maintaining sufficient inventory levels and lead times.
- Actively manage working and non-working inventories in assigned businesses to maintain compliance and achieve inventory investment targets.
- Utilize supply chain tools and processes to make data-driven decisions.
- Help to support the supply chain systems through understanding how changes in one system can impact another system. Take prompt and decisive action to support production plans.
- Utilize Lean Six (6) Sigma, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Planning principles, and corporate Inventory strategies / tools, to promote supply chain optimization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess or in the last year of pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Operations Management, and/or Business Administration from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Operations experience
- APICS certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt project experience and/or certification
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills with a proven track record as a team player.
- Experience in, or understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Corporate Supply Chain Planning Systems such as: SAP, Rhythm Factory Planner, Supply Chain Planner, Inventory Planner, PeopleSoft, MES, FIGURES, COMS, Business Objects, Microsoft Excel
Location: Menomonie, WI
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.