Are you passionate about supply chain? Are you looking for an internship that challenges you and helps you build your business and supply chain acumen? Come intern with us in the Supply Chain & Business Solutions team within Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG)!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated supply chain analyst intern to help us improve and build our next generation supply chain. In this internship you will be getting involved in the following type of work:
- Identify business process and supply chain process improvements based on business processes analysis and supply chain dependencies.
- Understand and analyze Intel supply chain data and needs in order to recommend and drive pilots to test solutions.
- Use Supply Chain modeling and simulation tools to evaluate supply chain scenarios and options for network design, services, and solutions.
- Help develop and implement supply chain strategies to optimize customer service levels and supply chain cost.
- Perform analysis and manage projects to completion.
- Interface and collaborate with the users, the program team, and the technical development team.
Key qualities the ideal applicant will have are:
- Curious about what makes a business tick, with a drive to learn and improve.
- Motivated, results-oriented self-starter; ability and drive to run with a project after receiving guidance and direction.
- Problem solving skills. Able to understand a problem, drive to root cause, and recommend options to fix real world business problems. Lean and/or six-sigma experience a plus.
- A data based approach to problem solving, with experience in the use of different tools and methods including excel, databases, basic statistics. Experience with supply chain modelling and simulation tools ideal but not essential.
- Communication and collaboration skills. A desire to seek out people in the business to gain insights needed to solve problems. Positive can-do attitude and team player.
- A knowledge of supply chain design valuable but not essential
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
-The candidate must be pursuing a BA/BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering.
-The candidate must have the permanent and unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- 3 months of experience in Supply Chain.
- 3 months of experience with Lean methodology.
- 3 months of experience with understanding business processes and system functionality to design improved business solutions.
- 3 months of experience working in fast-paced programs and/or projects.
- 3 months of experience with data analysis, modeling, or simulation tool (Excel, LogicNet, Tableau, R, SAS, JMP, Matlab).
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.