Monsanto is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our Global Supply Chain Strategy and Operations team as the Supply Chain Analytics Data Steward
. In this role, you will:
- Lead data management processes within the organization and accountable for all aspects of data generated by the supply chain organization. Includes responsibility for quality, accessibility, completeness, timeliness, accuracy, and standards.
- Assesses data needs and work with stakeholders to define standards and policies to ensure data is compliant with defined information, policies and quality requirements. Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities within the data management processes.
- Collaborates with key users and operational groups to identify and document business needs, data usage requirements, and validation metrics. Works with the analytics team to contribute to the creation of tools and processes to maintain a common data standard.
- Creates, maintains and publishes data definitions. Provides data subject matter expertise to various teams as it relates to data management and governance. Responds to data-related queries in an expert, timely, and efficient manner.
- Understands and communicates impacts of data components across all platforms. Partners with leadership to implement new processes and procedures for more efficient ways to maintain the overall data across all platforms.
- Works autonomously and applies judgment and decision making when monitoring workflow and handling new data requests, changes, and deletions.
- Generates data reporting such as key metrics, project trackers, and dashboards.
- Develops and maintains data dictionary and structures across applicable platforms.
- Assesses and validates data maintained in various platforms. Establishes efficient validation processes that can be carried out consistently to ensure data accuracy. Updates production and supporting platforms data to maintain data integrity.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Information Management, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related field; or equivalent experience in related field(s).
• 2 - 5 years of data governance experience required.
• 5 + years of business/technology experience.
• Thorough knowledge of relevant computer applications and programming languages. Strong knowledge of database management systems, data modeling, and data warehouse concepts. Ability to perform data manipulation, data cleansing, data profiling and data analysis. Proficient with SQL and Excel.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Ability to build relationships, interact and communicate with stakeholders who have varying levels of expertise. Be a change agent.
• Ability to communicate complex technical information to less technical audiences.
• Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources.
• Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
• Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
• Experience working in a matrixed organization across projects and work streams.
• Proven facilitation capabilities and ability to deliver on goals and objectives.
Who is Monsanto? Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.