This position is a hybrid position between GES Coordinator and TMS Analyst. They will be responsible for the execution of the daily optimization solutions for the GES Transportation Network and projects that support GES optimization improvement.
Responsibilities will also include ensuring the smooth transition of TM/ETMS system releases and solution quality nationally to reduce work-arounds for the field and headquarter transportation planning and optimization teams.
They will also have ownership for the creation and implementation of GES reporting, conceptual ad hoc modeling including cost analysis, and assist in daily troubleshooting and provide weekend or off hours support of GES optimization. This position will play a key role in current and future SPS, Networking productivity initiatives and integrations.
The expectation is that the candidate would be available to support the GES Coordinators and optimize for GES transportation Sunday - Thursday. Typical GES optimization occurs between 3 PM and 8 PM daily.
- Execute daily optimizations for at least 1 GES site/day and backfill other GES coordinators.
- Create and implement GES reports and development of new reporting metrics for optimization.
- Support of GES projects including the implementation of new systems, software, and business processes that .
- Act as a liaison between project teams, GES network operations team, internal/external IT groups, and cross functional business teams to deliver transportation optimization productivity targets.
- Design and deliver training material required to implement new systems and procedures for the GES optimization team and its partners.
- Use transportation modeling applications (TMOD, TM) to analyze and complete modeling requests which supports the identification of gaps between current business operations and the TMS tool capabilities.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to work independently without close supervision to expedite and follow up on requests and assigned projects
- Understanding transportation optimization technology and ordering systems (TMOD, TM, SAP) is a plus
- interpersonal skills in order to interact/contribute to team and communicate with others in a professional manner
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience in SQL, VBA, or report creation and analytics is a plus
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.