Controls and Protection Division is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner to join
our winning team! The Buyer/Planner will be based out of Torrance, CA facility.
Position Overview :
As a Buyer/Planner, you will be
working closely with Operations and Planning to eliminate material related
bottlenecks. A successful Buyer/Planner will help mitigate production
shortages, manage inventory levels, and ultimately play a pivotal role in our strive
to meet OTD dates. The Buyer/Planner owns metrics pertaining to receipt
of raw materials such as: on time to stock, requisition to PO conversion rate,
adhering to the AVL and quality requirements.
This position has the responsibility
to create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective production
schedules for assigned products and product families. The production planner is
expected to utilize system tools inclusive of material requirements planning
and capacity planning to ensure that the supply chain is effective in meeting
the needs of our customers while maintaining required delivery and inventory
- Quote and buy all Fabricated/Custom Items, Kanban Card
items and all office/miscellaneous items
- Control inventory impact by analyzing MOQ vs
- Maintain MRP health by aligning PO dates and managing
- Run and respond to daily MRP report
- Run and respond to daily Exceptions Report (Reschedule
In, Reschedule Out, Cancels, Late PO’s)
- Issues and maintains all consignment purchase orders
for key CMs
- Resolve PO/Invoice discrepancies in a timely manner
- Manage OSP components (plating, screening, etc.)
- Process supplier related RMA’s
- Pursue and track cost out in accordance with divisional
- Ensure fixed vendors align with divisional supply base
- Execute MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to
satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and
maintain flow of work on the factory floor.
- Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors
and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if
- Analyze shortages by work order and/or customer order
and communicate to Production Management and Customer Service
- Review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of
routings and bill of material accuracy.
- Communicate frequently and proactively with customer
service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish
- Track progression of production orders, investigate
factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- Expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
- Inform management of potential production problems and
assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions
- Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and
strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
- Perform planning functions required to achieve the
timely and successful launch of new products and participate as assigned
on new product development teams.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of supply chain experience
- This position requires use of information or access to
hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit will be offered with this
position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Torrance, CA
to be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Eaton will consider
for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in
Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering
- 2 years of experience in Supply Chain or Operations in
a manufacturing setting
- Buyer/Planning SAP experience
- Collaborates effectively with Operations and Planning
- Operates with limited supervision and efficiently
controls MRP demand
- Builds positive relationships, internally and with
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure
- Makes data driven decisions
- Exhibits excellent analytical skills
- Negotiates effectively with suppliers
- Maintains a positive attitude towards change
- Understanding of FA approval process
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.