Nestlé Purina is expanding! We’re opening a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2018 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Purina family by 2023. On more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before producing and distributing the Purina brands our customers trust and pets love.
As a Coordinator, you’ll facilitate communication and provide support in all areas of the warehouse while maintaining cost and service objectives using Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) processes and tools. You’ll be responsible for the coordination and performance of each shift and keeping the Warehouse Management System running at peak performance at all times. You’ll also address issues and upgrades that will make the system more efficient. You have strong communication and people development skills with the ability to mentor staff and ensure safety standards are being met. In return, we’ll empower you to continuously think “What’s Next?” and we’ll challenge you to do so with integrity, expertise, high performance and passion. Are you up to the dare?
- Utilize current warehouse systems to facilitate and coordinate the entire shipping process.
- Manage daily flow of jockey service and all live drivers for warehouse loads/unloads.
- Work through Aging Report on a daily basis to identify products that need to be rotated/shipped to avoid product aging.
- Provide support to Supply Chain Facilitators and direct performance of floor operations.
- Ensure the accuracy of warehouse data. This includes bin dimensions (length and width), bin types, pallet types, stack heights, product movement, and zones.
- Add new products to the data base (product maintenance).
- Check outstanding putaways for missing unit loads.
- Work with St. Louis IS group and EMS for resolution of problems/issues/fixes.
- Write and run daily, weekly, and/or monthly queries to optimize system performance. These include, but are not limited to invalid lot serials, productivity, aged and hold product, invalid locations of product within case pick, multiple products within case pick, and multiple products in one bin.
- Interface with Customer Service Trade Representatives on customer over/short issues.
- Participate in finished product inventories and issue cycle counts to further that effort.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience (Years/Type): 1+ year experience in a high paced customer service oriented office setting, manufacturing/warehouse setting or military environment.