Co-lead local, regional, and/or national level procurement activity execution and support to obtain additional volume to satisfy customer needs.
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignments.
- Process product inquiries selecting approved suppliers and negotiate pricing based on sales/customer service estimate requests
- Determine product and service needs and ensure that specification requirements are clearly identified and met. Perform project management as applicable
- Perform make/buy analysis to determine if product can be produced internally instead of outsourced
- Create sales estimate
- Conduct vendor negotiations for the purchase of finished goods for resale
- Process orders checking for accuracy of pricing specifications and service performing key complete and order set-up
- Create purchase orders
- Provide order status to sales/customer service following up with vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Expedite goods and services researching supplier of unique products or feature capabilities
- Manage warehouse receipt execution orders (if applicable)
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.