Director, Business Process Owner, Product Life-cycle Management, Quality and Sourcing
The Global Process Owners in World Wide Operations (WWOps) are accountable for providing Oracle with the most efficient, agile and predictable hardware supply chain capabilities that deliver quality products to its customers. The Director leads a team of Global Process Owners, and Functional Experts accountable for setting the strategic direction for WWOPS' functional areas and the enabling tools and processes.
The team is chartered to significantly advance systemic and process capabilities for WWOPS while enhancing efficiency and agility.
Recognizing existing business requirements and reflecting a vision of future needs as represented by Oracle's product road maps, the Global Process Owners develop and implement systems and processes that meet the requirements of today and are ready for tomorrow's needs.
Ownership includes Product Data Structure, Product Life Cycle Management, Operations Quality Management Systems and Sourcing. Job Description
Directs the supply chain Global Processes Owners who provide guidance and direction on business processes and system best practices by collaborating with teams regarding current and future goals and priorities. The person in this role evaluates capabilities and determines areas of opportunity, advising on best practices, applicable business concepts and relevant industry experiences. He or she establishes required supporting process and system implementation frameworks to drive and implement break through capabilities, educating and supporting the operational teams throughout the journey.
It is essential that this role partners with internal business owners to clarify supply chain priorities and to effectively articulate system and process requirements. He or she:
Department Description Business Process Architecture and Training
- Cultivates an environment where team members respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and executes process and application deployment strategies
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Plans and executes Worldwide Operations supply chain projects
- Provides overall strategic direction for Worldwide Operations
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
Design and execute the most effective and efficient processes for the Product Life-cycle Management, Quality and Sourcing functional areas of Worldwide Operations focusing on:
- Invest in continuous process improvement
- Disciplined process execution
- Design business process to match oracle software
- Feedback to Oracle product development for marketable enhancements
- Showcase corporate capability
Develops and ensures the implementation of strategic business plans and objectives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Manage creation, implementation and support of Worldwide Operations objectives, strategic business plans and strategic process direction
- Drive strategic process transformation
- Measure strategic process efficiency and effectiveness year over year
- Review strategic resource planning
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field
- 5 years Cloud related Supply Chain experience.
- 10 years experience in supply chain processes.
- 5 years experience working in Product Life-cycle management
- 5 years experience working in Sourcing and Supplier Management
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency. Provides business practices and processes. Drives policies and procedures that monitor and support the organization*s operational and financial business objectives. Provides analysis and advice to management in the areas of operations, resource management, finance, revenue accounting, pricing, and/or contracts. May also be responsible for administration, knowledge management, and/or communications.
Develops and monitor PandL forecasts. Develops and monitor metrics to measure other key performance indicators and group performance. Performs competitive analysis. Creates pricing strategy and cost accounting (business modeling) for projects. Reviews contracts for terms, pricing and approvals. Work with account team to close deals. Interfaces with client to resolve contract/delivery disputes. May be responsible for directing resource management staff, ensuring maximum utilization. May be involved with compensation and bonus process. Manage at least two direct reports.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.