**Work location can be White Plains or Chicago**
This leadership position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing PepsiCo Beverage's North American consumer recycling strategy and programs to meet our internal and external sustainability goals. The primary responsibilities the person in this role is accountable for include:
- Developing the strategic approach to continuously increase the US beverage container recycling rates
- Flawlessly executing existing consumer and customer focused recycling programs including PepsiCo's K-12 program; On-the-Go Recycling program; and Event Recycling program.
- Managing and leading technical teams in a matrix organization to achieve short-term and long-term recycling goals
- Integrating business and brand teams into recycling efforts to maximize consumer visibility and awareness of recycling
- Leading the customer and consumer-facing communications, branding and marketing efforts for PepsiCo's recycling and sustainability programs in North America
- Managing and directing third-party recycling partners and contractors who assist with program implementation.
- Tracking and managing the program's budgets and investments.
- Tracking and reporting performance metrics to all levels in the organization
- Developing the business case and getting alignment for program expansion to meet internal and external performance goals
- Partnering with Office of Sustainability to help develop the global recycling roadmap and execution plans in the US.
The person in this role will also be engaged in the following objectives:
Qualifications/Requirements Candidates must possess the following education and experience to qualify for this position:
- Developing and executing a program to connect products and manufacturing in a compelling way for consumers
- Support and leadership for other Department sustainability initiatives including: Supply Chain carbon reduction; life cycle assessment; customer inquiries; resource conservation; and watershed protection.
- Developing consumer insights on sustainability-related topics.
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree on sustainability, engineering, marketing related fields
- Preferred: MS or MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- Minimum of 10 years' experience leading complex teams in a matrix organization
- A combination of 10+ years of experience in consumer or municipal recycling; sustainability; and/or Marketing. Preference will be given to leaders with experience in all three areas
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies to meet core business objectives and proven results implementing strategic plans
- Demonstrated experience communicating to all levels in an organization and managing multiple external contractors and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to implement a strategic vision, as well as influence strategic direction of the organization, and align business partners and senior leaders
- Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degrees; previous experience managing business operations with P&L accountability; and candidates with experience in consumer products industries.
- Prior experience managing & developing a high-performing team
- Proven track record identifying consumer insights and translating them into effective business programs
- Ability to read and analyze financials, consumer research, and syndicated data and trends
- Passion for leading direct reports, extended team & agency partners to think differently & create new business models
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization and lead through collaboration and influence
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.